I love baking so that my kids have home-baked items in their school lunches each day. The problem with being a busy, working mum is that I simply don’t have time to bake on school nights. So, I make these cupcakes whenever I get a chance, then freeze them. Make sure cakes are totally cool before freezing. Then, each night before school, as I’m preparing school lunches, I take one of these little lovelies out of the freezer and pop in a lunch box. Too easy!
These cupcakes are light, fluffy and sweet. They are best made with bananas that are very ripe. I usually pop the ripe bananas that the kids haven’t eaten in the fridge, this way they last a few more days, until I have time to bake with them. The skins may turn dark in the fridge, but when you peel, they’re still white and fresh inside.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 160g butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- 3 eggs
- 4-5 ripe bananas
- 3 cups of self-raising flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp bi-carb soda
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Pop your butter and sugar in a bowl and beat.
- Add your eggs.
- Mash your bananas and add these too. Mix.
- Take bowl out of beater.
- Add your flour, salt, soda, milk and cinnamon. Mix with wooden spoon.
- Pop your mixture into muffin cup trays.
- Bake in moderate oven for around 22 minutes.
*** IF YOU LOVE MY POSTS, LIKE AND SHARE TO SUPPORT ME ***